September 29, 2018
- TRACK WALK: There will be two track opportunities before we begin qualifying, on Sunday, October 14 and Monday, October 15. They will begin shortly after the last test group session. We plan to begin approximately 5:45 pm and will clear the track by 7:30 pm. Please no motorized or wheeled vehicles. In the event of a change in track conditions or required track repairs, the track walk may be canceled or delayed. Listen for announcements. Please enter and exit the track through the center gate, between Victory Lane and the Media Building. Donations will be accepted and will benefit the SCCA Foundation.
- RUNOFFS 5K: Be part of the 3rd Annual SCCA Runoffs 5K and Checkered Flag Dash. If you’d like to run, walk or just make a donation you can do so at https://runsignup.com/Race/CA/Sonoma/SCCARunoffs5k or there is a link to registration on the SCCA Runoffs event page. The run will be held on Saturday, October 20 and proceeds will benefit the Speedway Children’s Charities. If you’d like to volunteer to help, please email Jason Stine at email@example.com.
- KIDS CLUB: We are still looking for volunteers to help staff Kids Club during the following hours: Friday, October 19: 1 pm – 3 pm; Saturday, October 20: 10 am – 12 pm; 1 pm – 3 pm; Sunday, October 21: 10 am – 12 pm. If a member of your family or friend is interested in hanging out in a climate-controlled room, trackside for one or more sessions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kids Club will be located on the main level of the Media building, in the north end. Kids Club offers free indoor activities for our youngest race fans. This isn’t a daycare, however - adult supervision is required.
September 21, 2018
-RUNOFFS APPAREL: It’s not too late to order your 2018 SCCA Runoffs gear! SCCAGear is offering limited edition jackets and polos for the 2018 Runoffs. Have you seen them? They’re nice, so don’t miss out! Visit the online Runoffs store to order yours today. They will even ship them to your house, before the event!
- FACILITY MAP: The latest facility map has been posted on the Runoffs event page. Visit www.scca.com/runoffs, click on General Event Information link on the right side of the page and then choose MAPS. Scroll to the bottom of the page to view the facility map. A few items to note:
1) Pre-event rig staging is available in Lot 15. Enter at Gate 7. Click here to view the staging plan map and fees. If you need to drop off your trailer before October 5th, be sure to contact Sonoma Raceway.
2) Gate 1 is the main entrance to the facility and you’ll find SCCA Registration located in the building on your right, as soon as you turn in from Highway 121.
3) Designated street car parking will be in Lot 3 and Lot 11. Drivers – if you can fit a street vehicle in your paddock space, you may park it there. Workers – there will also be day parking in the Turn 10 lot next to the Drag Tower. This lot will only be available at the beginning and the end of the day.
4) If you need to drop an empty trailer, after you unload, those can be stored in Lot 12, accessible using the ring road, highlighted by the red shuttle line.
5)The Main Paddock will be a very busy area, so we have a few requests:
-Please drive slowly and watch out for each other.
-Follow the direction of the paddock and traffic control staff. They are there to help.
-Do not block fire lanes, not even for “I’ll just be here a sec.”
- Only park in designated areas. Do not park on the side of the drive lanes or against the hill.
- GOLF CART RENTAL: Sonoma Raceway is a big place, so if you need to rent a golf cart during the event, contact GTi Golf Cars at (800) 477-0467. Additional information and application forms can be found on the FAQ page at www.scca.com/Runoffs; click the General Event Information link on the right menu and then FAQ Information.
September 14, 2018
- RUNOFFS APP: Last week we uncovered a little bug on Android devices and we hope the fix that we provided resolved the issue for you. Since then we’ve identified an Apple device bug. ATTENTION APPLE USERS: If you already had the app downloaded from last year, some of you may still be seeing 2017 Runoffs event information. Please follow these steps to correct the issue. 1) Open the Road Racing app. 2)Click the Menu icon in the upper right corner. 3)Click “App Settings.” 4)Click “Check for New Content.” If there is a content update available, it will ask if you’d like to download it now. Click YES and you’re all set!
The app is available for Apple and Android devices. The app will provide push notifications to drivers and workers during the event about car classes, schedule updates, weather information, worker assignments and off-track activities. Users can choose to receive updates on any of the 28 competition class groups and the worker group.
September 7, 2018
- PADDOCK PARKING: The Runoffs Team spent several days assigning paddock spaces and we’d like to thank the teams and drivers for their cooperation and willingness to reduce their footprint so that we could accommodate everyone. If you’d like to know where your friends will call home during Runoffs week, check out the parking map, https://runoffsparking.motorsportreg.com/. You can search by name, class, teams and car numbers! This will be live through the end of the event.